When demonstrating the importance of historical context, it's considered bad form to get it wrong. For example:
- Hal Jordan? Not the first Green Lantern.
- Sinestro? Doesn't appear in Emerald Dawn.
- Doctor Doom? Not the ruler of Latvia.
- Wolverine? Not HIV positive. (How would that even work?)
- "Raz Alcor"? Liam Neeson has two names in Batman Begins and neither one of them is that.
Since I'm not sure where to begin with this—I could just as easily complain about shoddy research and methodology as go full nerd—I'll come to a full stop and change the subject. A student essay addressed an offhand remark I made in class, about Dr. Manhattan being busted by Dateline NBC for sexing up underage woman, and inspired me to produce this: